For most people, gambling online is what it should be – a fun way to spend their leisure time. However, for a small minority, gambling online can be a problem.
The vast majority of our online customers will never experience a problem. However, playing responsibly is not confined to those who either have a gambling problem or are the most at risk of developing one. It is the best approach for EVERYONE.
On all of our websites we are committed to helping our customers keep it fun by marketing and advertising those gambling operators that promote safe and responsible online gambling. Additionally, by providing information and guidance to those who may be unable to stay in control of their gambling.
The UK licensed websites that we recommend help by providing the functionality to:
A good way to gauge whether your gambling is no longer fun, and may be getting out of control, is to ask yourself the following questions:
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, then you may need to take control of your gambling, using the information below. You can also take the confidential ‘Worried about your gambling’ quiz on the BeGambleaware website and try out their Gambling Calculator to give you an indication whether your gambling is becoming a problem.
The first step in taking back control is to be completely honest with yourself and accept that there is a problem, but that you have the will to confront it. Having done so, you have taken the biggest step to addressing the issue. It may be that simply standing back and realising that you have been displaying some of the above behaviours is enough to make you adjust your approach and allow you to resume control. Alternatively, you may feel you need help, advice and support.
Never be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help.
If you need further detailed advice, or more specific help and counselling, please contact one of the following independent help services:
0808 8020 133
0808 8020 133
0800 0234 650
1. Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible via mobile devices and in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on parental control and supervision. In order to ensure child safety on the Net, we encourage our customers to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material.
Tips for Parents:
• Do not leave your computer unattended when logged in to your Account.
• Password-protect your Account.
• Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity.
• Keep your account Username and password safe.
• Keep your credit/debit card(s) out of the reach of children.
• Do not save passwords on your computer. Write them down and keep them in a safe place, away from minors
• Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of filtering software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material.
Underage gambling is not only illegal, but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
So, if you share your mobile phone, tablet, laptop or computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to participate in online gambling, we strongly advise you to restrict their access to our websites by registering with Net Nanny, a world leader in real-time Internet filtering technology.
Other Important Tips:
• Make sure that the decision to gamble is your own personal choice.
• Establish limits for depositing, wagering and even losses before you commence gaming.
Never gamble if:
• you are younger than the legal gaming age
• it interferes with your daily responsibilities
• you are being treated or are in recovery for a dependency
• you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
• you are attempting to win back previous losses
• your primary purpose is to recoup your debt with your winnings